Are you considering employing a new or recent graduate in 2020?
Or are you a final year BDS student, 2017 or 2018 graduate looking for a new position next year?
If you answered YES to one of the above questions, then make sure you register to attend the Employment Fair.
Sunday 28 July
Harbourside Function Centre
3.00 - 5.30pm Set up interview tables
5.30 - 7.00pm Happy Hour, an informal opportunity to meet the job seekers.
Monday 29 July
8:30am – 12:30pm
Harbourside Function Venue
Kindly sponsored by
The aim of the Employment Fair is to connect potential employers with new/recent graduates who are looking for work in 2020.
This is achieved using the 10 – 15 minute appointment slots throughout the course of the morning. With 19 appointment slots in total, there's potential for great connections to be made.
Here's what past attendees have to say:
"I really enjoyed the Employment Fair. It was great to meet future employers there in a 'speed dating' environment. You really got a sense of what they were offering in a job, what they were looking for in an employee and whether that matched what you wanted and what you could provide." - Kate McElroy (2014 graduate)
"We found the Employment Fair to be very well organised. It was beneficial meeting all the potential employees on the same day and being able to interview them. There were plenty of great candidates and from this initial meeting we were able to narrow it down to a few candidates and have since employed one." - Deanna Nelson (Keith Nelson & Associates)
Who can attend?
||Anyone looking to hire a new/recent graduate in 2020
||Final year BDS students from The University of Otago
2017 & 2018 graduates who are current NZDA members
A fee of $100 incl GST will be charged per appointment meeting site for employers (excluding DHBs) wishing to attend the event. This small fee assists in offsetting the cost of the venue, booth and catering charges.
2017 & 2018 Graduates
The event is free of charge for recent graduates who are also registered to attend at least one day of the NZDA Conference. A fee of $100 incl GST will be charged to those not attending Conference.
How does it work?
Prior to the Fair
- Once registered you will be sent a link to upload your employment profile for publication in the Employment Fair Profile Guide.
- This guide contains the profiles of all the employers and jobseekers attending the Fair.
- You will be sent this guide electronically three weeks prior to the Fair.
- Use this guide to highlight those jobseekers/employers you would like to meet with at the Fair.
- Employers have until July 19th to indicate which jobseekers they are most interested in meeting with.
- NZDA will relay this information to those jobseekers on the day of the Fair via their individual appointment scheduling sheets.
On the day
- Each employer will have their own semi-private appointment meeting site.
- From 8:30 - 9:00am jobseekers will be able to move around the venue, approach employers and schedule their appointments.
- You will be expected to attend a briefing at 5:30pm on Sunday 28th July. You will receive your appointment scheduling sheet at this time.
- Those employers that have indicated they are interested in meeting with you will be listed on your scheduling sheet. If you would like to meet with them also, visit them first to schedule an appointment.
- If a DHB has shortlisted you for a first year house surgeon position, you will have a pre-scheduled 15-min appointment on your scheduling sheet.
- Approach those employers you are most interested in meeting with to request appointments.
- The 10-minute appointment slots will run from 9:00am – 12:30pm.
- If a jobseeker visits you during the 30 minutes of appointment scheduling (from 8.30 – 9.00am) to request an appointment, you can either offer them a 10-minute appointment at a time that suits you both, or politely decline.
- The 10-minute appointment slots will run from 9:00am – 12:30pm. You will have the opportunity to meet with up to 19 jobseekers throughout the morning.
- Appointments are aimed to provide that initial face-to-face introduction. We encourage you to arrange follow up interviews.
The Fair will be preceded by a Happy Hour at the Harbourside Function Venue from 5:30 – 7:00pm on Sunday 28th July. Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
This informal setting will allow participants the chance to get to know each other in an informal setting prior to the Fair.
If you have any queries regarding the Employment Fair or Young Dentist Day, please contact:
Ami Gilchrist | Membership Services Manager
New Zealand Dental Assoc.
T: 09 579 8001